Welcome Grantsville PTA Members

Thank you for volunteering to be a member of the Grantsville PTA. It looks like this year is going to be a good year with all of the fantastic members we have.

Blogging is something new that we are trying this year to better our communication. Please list your thoughts, ideas and comments.

Thank you again and we look forward to getting to know eachother and making it a successful year.

More updates and information coming soon.




Thursday, August 21, 2008

Anti-Bullying assembley

Please post your comments about doing this with Brad Barton. Here's a website if you want more information: http://bradbartonspeaks.com/education

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if the kids will really make the connection that the assembly is about not bullying. I would predict that my kids would come home and tell me about the awesome magic tricks but I don't know if they would get the message about not bullying. My vote would be no.

Casey said...

Update on a subject that was originally unrelated... State PTA called me with the bad news that they weren't able to get Chad Hymas for the roadshow. She said they would try someone else like Miss Utah and I asked if we could make a request and suggested Brad. She contacted him and said they're working it out. If so they would pay his $500 fee for us.

Jolene Mulford said...

I feel that we should give it a try. We have tried talking to them and there is still a large concern so why not try something innovative. Different kids get the message differently.

Arave said...

We are talking about the 3-6 grades, right? I will base my comments on that assumption. It would be interesting to know what Grantsville Elem. does as far as bullying education, but I think it is important enough that we could do an assembly and not have it be overkill. I also think that if there is not a gimmick, the kids won't listen. If they are just talked to, then it is "boring". I know my son has attended this type of assembly and it is very effective. They have fun, but they also get the message. The only thing that would make me vote "No" is if it too expensive. I would like to see the numbers again.
KennaRae

PTA Staff said...

My brother did Chad Hymus' website and probably has a good connection with him.

I LOVE the idea of the Anit-Bullying assembly. I am pretty sure that someone could talk to the kids before they introduced him and let them know what the purpose of the assembly is. MY VOTE IS YES.

Casey said...

Tiffany, was that you?

Anonymous said...

My kids are both at Willow. I think it would be okay at Grantsville, because those kids are older and would take more away than just the magic. So I amend my earlier statement and say no to Willow, but Yes to Grantsville.